Simple Feast is a subscription-based organic food delivery service that was founded in Copenhagen and now also operates in Sweden and the US.
The previous Simple Feast’s PPC team consisted of 2 full-time in-house employees. scandiweb overtook the account after Google Ads performance stats weren’t reaching the level client had envisioned. At the beginning of our collaboration, the results showed low conversions, engagement, sales, new customer acquisition, and customer lifetime value, with high CPA.
Simple Feast lacked a decent full-funnel marketing and PPC strategy. Rather than focusing only on sales, a full-funnel strategy considers the entire customer journey. It tailors marketing messages to the particular stage of purchase a customer is currently at and attempts to nurture relationships and build better brand experiences.
Objectives and expectations
The main expected outcome was a decrease in CPA (or CPA kept at a moderate level) while bringing in new customers. We also set out to improve Simple Feast’s brand awareness and recognition, especially in the US market.
Our main objectives for the project included the following:
- Understand the business and target audience
- Take over the management of the existing Google Ads account
- Review and understand the historical data, results, and stats
- In-depth market research
- Detailed keyword and competitor research
- Build a full-funnel marketing strategy
- Efficient and active account management
- Decrease CPA or keep it at the desired level
- Generate more customers
- Increase brand awareness and recognition
The client was open to letting scandiweb’s PPC strategist experiment with different methods regarding research, technical setup, and performance analysis to achieve the optimal result.
In close communication with the client, we devised an approach based on:
- Improving the customer journey by tailoring our marketing messages to the particular stage of purchase a customer is currently at
- Improving the targeting by understanding who, how, and why benefits from the provided service
- Understanding buyer personas and using Google Ads targeting options to show the ads at the right place, to the right person, and at an ideal cost
- Collaborating with the client on creatives and messaging
- Receiving and sharing insights on the KPIs
- Setting short- and long-term plans for Simple Feast’s business goals and needs
- Actively reviewing and managing the account to achieve and maintain set goals
- Monitoring two platforms—Looker and Google Ads—and analyzing the CPA according to cost-per-new-customer
The main KPIs to keep track of were:
- Video views
Based on these criteria, our dedicated PPC Account Strategist has been working towards turning the Simple Feast account into a more effective paid media channel using Google Ads. The main focus is on search, display, shopping, and video advertising.
As a result, Simple Feast’s paid media account is efficiently managed to achieve and maintain a healthy CPA and boost the number of customers.
7 months after overtaking Simple Feast paid accounts, the generated numbers were as follows:
- 22,892,856 impressions
- 1,189,299 clicks
- 545,395 video views
The project is ongoing.
Are you looking for ways to better manage your PPC campaigns? Need to optimize your eCommerce conversions to drive sales? Let us help you! Feel free to get in touch by dropping a line at [email protected] or booking a free consultation.